Friday 29 April 2011

so, i've realised i probably need to figure this thing out

to further explain the title, i think this blog is starting to become irrelevant to pretty much anything that could ever exist. not that it was ever relevant to begin with.

I'm not going to stop blogging though. that's giving up, and giving up, in general, is just disappointing, for everyone involved. the word 'weak' comes to mind, as well, but lets not go there....

i might stop blogging for a while, to work out what a theme, a direction for this blog, improve my writing style, do something to make this blog something i can be proud of. not that I'm ashamed of it or anything, i just think i could do so much better.

i could just keep plodding along, expecting a direction or a theme to naturally coalesce, which comes from my natural writing style and my opinions about stuff. and it will, but it won't be much of a direction. i need my natural writing style and my opinions to fill a given purpose, to push me in a chosen direction, not the other way around.
which i guess would be... i don't actually know what the other way round would be.

i always think something in this sort of situation, i don't remember where it came from, i think i heard it from a TV show, or a movie when i was little, and I've sort of taken it to heart:
either do something intelligently, or not at all.

so, I'm going to think about what I'm actually going to do with this blog. I've chosen to this thing intelligently.

of course if we think of the formation of a purposeful blog as an algebraic equation.... um, okay, i'm not going to go into details about that, but basically, i should use my opinions and thoughts, my interests, my view on the world, not as building blocks to fill a given unknown purpose, but as a purpose, a direction in itself.

i've found the purpose of this blog:  to do whatever the hell i please. i'll pick a random subject out of a hat or something, and state my opinions on it, and try to learn as much about it, as a wikipedia page will give.

No comments:

Post a Comment